Saturday, May 14, 2011

ICA 2011

Ole’ Okay.   Winter is over, summer is here!   Talk about your brain killer.   I finished up work at the mountain last Friday, put all my land-belongings into storage on Saturday, and on Sunday I drove to Port Orchard, WA, to my floating home for the summer.  The M/V Liseron.  Big ol’ yacht.    Since then the week has been full of  scrubbing a winter’s worth of  scum off of the decks, and everything else.   Switching realities is not as difficult as I expected, but I am not all the way there yet so we will see.   A crew mate just busted me for calling the “Engine Room”, the “Motor Room” .   Symantics sure, but ski lift have motors, boats have engines.  Get it straight!

Funny similarity between Mt. and Boat: 

On mountain, for running around on frozen water crystals I have Shadowfax, the [un]trusty snomobile.  Fun for climbing, getting stuck and unstuck, towing stragglers, and general mountain transport.

On the Boat, there are 4 skiffs with 115hp outboards!   I have been playing around with dropping them in the water with the crane from the skiff deck and picking them up again, and ripping around outside of the marina in them.  They are going to be so fun to fish and crab and beach and boogie in all summer.   Hopefully I will find time to continue photoing and videoing and posting on here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment