Friday, July 29, 2011

....and I hope you like Salmon too

You like the lack of updates once again do ya? Well let me just tell ya, in a crazy turn of events I have a new job. I left the big boat a couple of weeks ago for reasons we don't need to get into here. Let's just say that I am a fan of good management practices. So now! I am driving a fishing charter boat in Elfin Cove, Alaska. It is a cool little catamaran with 400 horsey's. reeheheheheheeeee
Just yesterday I took a group of 4 good ol' boys out and we caught the limit on halibut, coho, and were one shy of limiting out on kings.

It is a big fishing lodge that folks come up to fish. I have been to Elfin Cove once before but only briefly. It is a really cool little place, wickedly quickly becoming my favorite place in southeast. There area a few lodges, several private residences, and lots and lots of commercial trolling boats. The whole place is built on board walks, very picturesque.

Last night a neighboring lodge had a party for four high school graduates. They invited the whole town over, had a great meal, and then everyone migrated over to a big board walk area in front of the general store across from the hosting lodge, who then must have lit off at least five thousand dollars in fireworks. More fireworks than I have seen in some towns for the 4th. The whole while fishermen were telling stories about how the kings were all over that day.




Four or five gents had guitars, mandos and banjos and the kind of voices one would expect in these parts. Just before I came back to the lodge to turn in, a big blond dreadlocked fisherman sang his version of Bob Marley's I'm Jamin, only the words were changed to King Salmon. After a while everyone pitched in their own fishing/ak based verses.

King Salmon King Salmon King Salmon King Salmon and I hope you like King Salmon too. Said I hope you like salmon

a hope ya like salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment