Sunday, August 22, 2010

warp speed

This summer has gone by so fast and I have been all over the place, so I probably better take a minute to catch up before I am off again. To start, my trip to Europe was great! I started by spending almost three days in Athens. It was HOT! Then I went to Corfu and jumped on a 50 foot sailboat and bobbed about for a week. This was probably my favorite part of the trip. The Ionian Sea and the Greek Isles were breathtaking. Not much wind, but blue blue water full of salt that will float you like a cork. My favorite little island village was Lakkas, on Paxos. Great food and vibes. It was HOT! Another highlight of this little jaunt was taking a small river boat up the River Styx. Don't get too caught up on the awesomely white thigh in this pic though. I know, it is temping.

Next were three days in Rome, where sadly, my Camera was either lost or stolen. Thankfully I had my wonderful Co-worker and new great friend Eliza with me and I now have some of her pictures. Like this one of us on the Spanish Steps in Rome. Oh, and it was HOOOT!

Lets see, next were 10 days spent on the Italian island of Sardegna, living outta the tent and spending time on the beach and cooking a little camp food.


Then headed back to Rome and back to the states.

These last three weeks have been some of my favorite of the summer. Nearly all of August has been spent in the Southeast Triangle (Idaho, for those who don't speak jordanism). Once again, this shoulder season has been wonderful, and I got a few more weeks of summer in than I did last year. I was back to my old tricks, sleeping the nights in the hammock and watching the stars. The Pleiades Meteor shower was particularly nice. I was able to head to the hills with the Grover boys for a morning of spotting for elk, deer and whatever else, which proved to be a success. Nice bucks, bulls, and even a big bull moose.

Just days before leaving the triangle, I stumbled onto a very nice pickup for sale, at a very nice price, so I bought it. The drive back over the hills and desert to Bend was great, and I am going to be very happy to have this new rig for many years to come. A little sad to part ways with the jeep though. Now I am headed back to the San Juans for the month of September, which I anticipate may be the best spent month this year, or at least it will rival June.

Listening: Just discovered Mumford & Sons (thanks Jen Butler!)

1 comment: