Sunday, September 27, 2009

Winterizing the vagabond

I have been homeless for nearly four months. I have had many restful nights on couches, comfy beds, bunks on boats, in my tent, on the grass, in a hammock, in my jeep, and on a wooden shack floor. But this year's sojourn has come to its end. This week I will be moving into a place with a couple other guys. Making rent dirt cheap for this part of town. I can walk to work and there is pool table in the garage. The place is within walking distance to just about everywhere. But with snow coming this week, I will be glad to have a warm place to hole up in for the winter. Of course, this first storm will melt away, but still.
Since arriving back in Bend I have also been able to get back to the motorbike. The poor thing sits all summer long while I am floating about and I have been giving it all the attention I can. Today I went for a ride out past Sisters and stopped for a break at a great viewpoint of Mt. Jefferson. I watched the sun nearly set and made it back to the main road just in time for dark. It was getting a bit chilly by then but it was great.
Still feeling a bit unsettled between being back at work, and the house sitting gig. So I am looking very forward to getting my bed out of storage this week and having my own space. Things should get much more entertaining around here soon.
For now, here is not very good pic of the rock pile that will turn into a ski hill soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment